We are starting to feel settled back in. I've done a lot of unpacking, cleaning, and shopping the last few days, but now things are mostly back to normal. It was quite a chore getting things cleaned up. We found out from a friend about a week before we came back that we had mold growing in our apartment--on surfaces, the couch, and I'm sure elsewhere. She did a lot to help clean it and run the AC to decrease the humidity in the apartment before we got back. There was still a lot to do when we got back. V got a runny nose almost as soon as we got back and today she has broken out in what we think is hives. I have a feeling both feelings have been caused by the mold. I've cleaned all I can, so I hope everything will clear up soon.
We're also in the early stages of potty training. Most people in the US say it is too early. Most people here say it is too late. We have tile floors so she has been running around mostly naked. Accidents are very easy to clean up. I've been pretty successful at getting her to pooh in the potty, but haven't quite figured out when she's going to pee. I'm looking for patterns to see if I can get her to the potty in time, but haven't been very successful yet. I'll give it at least a week before I go back to diapers.
For now a few picture of other uses of the potty.

Upon seeing this picture, Vera said, "Vera pooh pooh! Vera pooh pooh!" Notice the panties.

4 comments:
So sorry to hear about the mold! I hope you've been able to get rid of most of it!!
I need to get on the ball and start thinking about potty training. I'd really like to have Emma out of diapers before the baby gets here!
PS I love that all the toys have made it in to the potty, but no pee pee!! :-)
Michelle, didn't know you guys were back in the U.S., hope you had fun! We're here now enjoying some fresh air, miss you guys and give Vera a big squeeze.
I hope V catches on to using the potty quickly! We're kinda sorta trying with Julie too. She is interested in having her potty with her in the living room, and she even takes off her shorts and diaper and walks around naked, but she hasn't made the connection between having to go and sitting on the potty. Maybe if she has enough accidents it will start to sink in. Please do share any tips you discover along the way!
I'm glad to hear you made it home safely but I'm really sorry about the mold. Ugh. I also can't say I miss the heat of southren China now that we are back in IL.
oops, I forgot to sign my comment. That last one is from Erica :-) (This one too, ha!)
Post a Comment