Friday, August 10, 2007

I know, I know. It's been forever since I've written anything. I'd like to say I've been busy the whole time, but the truth is I haven't. I've just been lazy. We have however been busy a lot of the time! Some things we've had going on...

1) A visitor that stayed with us for a little more than a week. She helped with Physical Therapy with the kids in the program. Vera loved having someone else her to play with.

2) We are moving! We were slowly looking at apartments for something bigger and feel like we have found the right place. It's being painted this week, cleaned next week, and we'll be able to move before the end of August.

3) Teams, teams, teams. Yes, three of them. We have three teams that have come in to help with the program while the teachers are on summer break. The first team should have just taken off from Xiamen. We had an awesome week with them! The second team comes in in about three hours, is here for a week, leaves next Friday afternoon, next team on Friday evening... You get the picture. We ate out every night this week, and will continue to do so for the next two weeks. Matt said he thinks it's going to feel like we are living the movie Groundhog Day doing the same thing for three consecutive weeks. It's been encouraging for us to hang out with the teams, but we are definitely staying very busy.

I'll try to get some pics up within the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Good to hear from you guys...email when you get a chance!

(I'm anxious to know how potty training is going...we just bought some potties - 1 for downstairs and 1 for upstairs).

beth said...

Wow! Sounds like you really hit the ground running when you got back. That's exciting about the new, presumably pest free, apartment! Hope all goes well with moving in. Is it close to where you are now?

Miss you!