Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dear Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles,

Mommy and I have been making salt dough Christmas ornaments for you. First, we made the dough, then we cut them out with cookie cutters, cooked them in the oven, and finally painted them. Painting them was definitely the most fun part! Uncle Kirk is here and was going to take them back to America and mail them to you. Mommy says there's a problem though. She isn't sure what caused the problem. She thinks that maybe she didn't cook the ornaments long enough, because they aren't as hard as they should be. Actually, now that they are painted they are quite soft. They also got some big air bubbles in them that REALLY softened after they were painted. She says we aren't going to send them because she thinks they will fall apart during shipping. She also says that we'll try again next year. I love you and wish that we had more time to try again, but we don't. So for this year, all you get is a few pictures of my trying to make something special for you. At least I had fun!

Love,
Vera





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of Vera Michelle! I am sorry the ornaments didn't turn out but I can tell Vera had fun painting them. Is it really humid their right now? Wondering if that had an effect on them?
~Jen Unsell

Nicole said...

LOL! Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Looks like Vera had fun though!! I'm not even brave enough to try any craft-like things that invovle potential messes, so WAY TO GO MOMMY!!