We feel like we are settling into life as a family of four. Kai has for the most part been a great little baby. He eats REALLY well, and at his one month appointment, he was already up to 11 pounds! Last night was the first night that I only had to wake up once to feed him instead of twice. His "long" stretch of sleep is almost five hours long, and I'm hoping that over the next few weeks that will keep getting longer. I feel like I'm still several weeks away from a full night of sleep, but for now I'm thankful that things are moving towards only one "interruption" a night. Kai has started to really smile and coo over the last few days, which makes if fun to just sit and talk to him.
Vera has been an amazing big sister. She has grown up so much over the last month. Poor kid is told "just a minute" multiple times a day. She always waits patiently until I finish feeding Kai or changing him or giving him a bath or holding him because he's crying... She tells everyone that his name is "Baby Kai" and that he is HER little brother.
I am learning how to balance life with two kids. I've realized that things around the house have to wait until the kids are sleeping. I seem to have only as much time as I need during the day to eat, take a shower, prepare lunch, prepare dinner, and of course take a nap. Everything else waits.
Matt is of course a wonderful husband and father. He has done so much to help me adjust to the new "normal" and steps in to help whenever he can. He has especially had some special times with Vera as he takes her out while Kai and I are home resting.
On top of adding a new family member, we have had a very busy couple of months. After Matt's parents left, we had teams come in to work in the classrooms. The teams actually arrived the day we got home from the hospital with Kai! They were here for three weeks, and then we had a few days of rest before more visitors came. We still have a couple more rounds of visitors and then things will settle down. We are hoping to take a short family vacation next month so that we can spend time away from work and just enjoy being together.
We are looking forward to the Olympics starting tomorrow night! We are throwing a big bash to watch the opening ceremonies. I'm sure we'll be spending lots of time in front of the TV over the next couple of weeks. We get 24/7 coverage of the events!
And here we are! This picture was taken just a few days ago.
5 comments:
Life with two is quite the adventure. We have a two year old, Ethan and an 8 month old, Hayden. I try to help Kimberlee out with the boys as much as possible. I am lucky to only work eight tenths of a mile from home. I pray that sleeping schedule gets better. I am amazed at how much energy Kimberlee seems to have despite not getting much sleep.
What pudge he is! And you look fabulous! I know you may be sleep deprived, but it will get better. ;)
Patricia
You guys look great and your life sounds like my life, though it does get better as the kids get older.
I don't get 24/7 coverage of the Olympics and I'm bummed! I watch it as much as I can, though. It's great!
You guys look great! Its been good to keep up a little with you all from here... WE think of you all often and wonder how life is for you!
love the family pic!!!! So glad Vera having fun as a big sister!!!!
Post a Comment