Friday, November 7, 2008

Kai just turned four months old a few days ago. He's slowed down a little on weight at 16 1/2 pounds but is off the chart in height! He has started rolling over both ways and has his first tooth! Hopefully within a few days it will be far enough in that I can take a picture of the little pearly white! He is amazingly happy and content and almost never cries. Such a sweet, sweet little boy! Vera is FULL of life! A few days ago I was talking to a friend about how difficult she is to keep up with lately. The friend said, "But she doesn't seem hyper or anything." No, not hyper. It's just that everything she does she does fully. I watched her in Sunday school this past week. It was fun to sit back and observe her as someone else held her attention. She raised her hand as high as it would go, spoke excitedly, constantly wore some kind of expression on her face, and remained completely engaged. She loves life and is living it as fully as she knows how! Tomorrow morning I'm taking her to the fabric market. She'll help me pick out a material, ribbon, and buttons to get a new dress made, then I'll take her to the tailor to get fitted...all for only a few dollars. She loves dresses and doesn't have a good one for winter, so hopefully she'll enjoy getting one made. Poor kid has been told to "wait" or "not now" so many times over the last four months. I want to take her out for some girl time to do something special. If we have time when we're done, I'll take her somewhere to play. Kai will stay home with daddy. Here are a bunch of pictures that pretty much speak for themselves.












2 comments:

girl on a roof said...

Wow! A tooth already? I guess Kai will be walking before I see him again. I can just imagine Vera excited about learning all kinds of new things. Can't wait to see you guys.

maria said...

i can't believe Kai is getting a tooth already! And wow - he looks like a hefty little boy from those pictures. Yay for little girls full of life and spunk! I'd rather have them that way then quiet and boring :) I can't wait for you guys to come back to the states for a visit. Love you and miss you! Let's talk again soon. Let me know when is good for you.