Monday, March 12, 2007

Temper, Temper, Temper!

Vera's officially entered the "terrible two's"...that age that starts around a year and a half. The other morning, she walked up to the table, reached on top, and said "cookie...cookie...cookie". I told her it wasn't time to eat cookies. She proceeded to throw herself on the floor and scream...for about 15 minutes. I finally put her in her crib for a few minutes to scream and when I went back to get her she quickly recovered. Then, yesterday, she did the same thing, but this time it was because I won't let her watch a DVD.















Speaking of Vera and cookies (she does get her addiction honestly...mommy LOVES cookies)...

The grocery store near our home sells cookies that are a lot like animal cookies in the US except they are numbers instead. Vera ALWAYS searches the new pack for all of the number 8's. If we are walking along the road and I give her a few to eat, she first looks to see which numbers are in my hand, and if there is not at least one 8 she waves her little hand back and forth and says "bu yao, bu yao, bu yao" (don't want). It doesn't take long until the pack is depleted of 8's. Today she cried when I told her there we no more 8's. How could that be??? She also has a puzzle with numbers. Guess which number is the first to come out? And which number does she refuse to put back in the puzzle because she wants to carry it all around? You guessed it! What is it with the number 8?

The mystery around our house right now... What happened to the pacifiers? Vera has been very spoiled lately while she's been sick. She's gotten to watch TV much more than normal since we've spent hours on end in the house (not only has she been sick, but it rained every day last week), and she's gotten to have her pacifiers when it wasn't bed time. The problem... Yesterday late afternoon she had FIVE pacifiers. By bedtime there were only TWO! I've looked everywhere I know to look, but they are HIDDEN well! She better hurry up and show us where she hid them our else she might soon find that she's hidden them all and mommy and daddy aren't smart enough to find them!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Emma is also throwing those fits. I usually just let her cry...but need to be more consistent in putting her in her bed...

Melanie said...

Wow...it sounds like I have a LOT to look forward to with the tantrums!

I've been blessed that Mallory never got attached to pacifiers. I tried to give them to her instead of her sucking her thumb, but since she only sucks her thumb when she's tired, then I figured that was OK. Plus, I know that when she starts sucking her thumb, it's time for bed.

Anyway, I think your paci stories are funny!