Wednesday, April 18, 2007

She's growing up!

Vera just celebrated her half birthday yesterday! I can't believe she's already 1 1/2. I feel like every day I look at her I notice her more and more as a little girl instead of a baby. She talks a lot (in English and Chinese), and is becoming so perceptive to what's going on around her. I was talking on the phone a couple of days ago, and said, "Well, I'm going to go now." Vera then said, "Bye, bye." She continues to amaze me with how much she understands. Sometimes someone will say something to her in Chinese, and I think, "She doesn't have a clue what you're saying." Then, she responds appropriately! She answers to, "What is your name?", in English by saying "We-ah" and in Chinese with "Wei Wei". When she sees numbers she says "two" (always two!), and when she climbs stairs she says "yi, er, wu" (one, two, five in Chinese).

Some of her favorites:
Favorite Food--Mac and Cheese
Favorite Toy--play kitchen in her box house (must be in the house to be enjoyable)
Favorite Song--E-I-E-I-O (known to most as Old McDonald)
Favorie Animal--dogs

She still loves her pacifiers (otherwise known as "nuk-nuks"), but has also found a new security object--her little pillow. She brings it out of bed with her each morning and is often seen dragging it around. She loves to brush her teeth. We don't dare brush ours in her presence without giving her a toothbrush. Something we often say as a joke: "I wish it was easier to put Vera to bed." When we say it's time to go night-night she runs to her room, we pick her up, and then she practically jumps into bed.

Something she has recently started doing--As we walk down the street and she sits in her stroller, she is often found waving and saying "hi" or "hello" to those passing by. As if she doesn't get enough attention by having "white" skin and "golden" hair...

This is just a little reflection on our Little V for all of you who don't see her every day and are hoping for a glimpse into her life. She has brought so much joy to our lives, and we are very thankful for the opportunity to be her parents.















Another new favorite thing...walking in mommy's slippers!















Granny Janny and Pa-Pa (she says grandma no problem, but says pa-pa instead of grandpa) sent Vera a CD of pictures of their dogs. She was SOOO excited to watch the pictures and videos on the computer. She said dog every way she knows how: "Puppy! Doggy! Dog! Gou gou! (chinese) Ruff-ruff!" She now sometimes points to the computer "Puppy. Puppy." She loves puppies!

No comments: