Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tianjin Friends

After we left Beijing, we headed to Tianjin to see some old friends. Matt only stayed a couple of days because he needed to get back to work, but Vera and I stayed a little longer.















I was very excited to see our old ayi. She worked in our home a couple of days a week during the two years we lived in Tianjin. Several of us had taught her how to make western food, so twice a week someone else would cook good food for us! She was also very perceptive about what she could do around the house toe help us. But most of all, I loved that if I left Vera with her, I didn't have to worry. Oh, how I miss Dong Ayi! We've had three different ayis here in Xiamen, and are now ayi-less. Will anyone else ever compare?

The Brandts opened their home to us while we stayed in Tianjin. I was so thankful to have a safe place for Vera to play, as well as other kids to play with.















Hayden, do you want to play with this?















I've been searching for a stroller like this since we've gotten back. Vera loved it! She pushed it around with a doll in it, with toys in it, with nothing in it...















Yummy! Banana bread! Thank you, Aunt Cindy, for letting me eat some!














Hayden, I left some crumbs for you.

No comments: