Vera's sleeping in her big bed tonight. Sleep has been a BIG battle recently as most nights she wants to switch between the big bed and the crib. She almost always ends up in the crib, but we are tired of listening to her scream as she changes her mind over and over. Don't worry! We don't move her over and over. After a time or two we realized it was just a game...a way to get more attention. Instead, we just put her down over and over telling her it's time to go night night. So, we moved the crib out of Vera's room and tonight she didn't have a choice. She's in the big bed. After reading her good-night story in the big bed, she pointed over to where the crib used to be: "Huh? Where is it?" She got upset for a few minutes, but we haven't heard from her in a while. She must be sleeping soundly in the big bed.
We are staying busy here. It seems like once one visitor leaves, someone else comes into town. We've had lots of trips to the same tourist spots, as well as lots of tours and presentations about our work here.
I've been able to continue with the therapy for the club feet babies. Today I was working with the one who was most severe, and felt so proud that her feet have made HUGE progress in the month we've been working with her. It's going to be so exciting to watch these babes grow and be able to walk like a "normal" baby. Also today as I was working with her, another baby, probably a little over a year, comes over, leans on me, and says, "Mama." Break my heart! Each time she did it, a little girl that's just older than Vera would say, "Ayi (Auntie)." I think she was trying to say, "Don't you know she's not your momma. She's just an ayi!" It's been fun to get to know the other babies and ayis as I spend time doing therapy with the club feet babes.
Matt and I are getting ready to waste some time here on Friday night watching pirated TV shows from America!
1 comment:
Wow, she has grown up so much in just weeks! Thank you both so much for your hospitality, we had the most amazing time visiting you. Several of us plan to return next year!!! The new apartment looks great.
Tammy sent us the link to your blog today and I was reading through it while the little girl I nanny is napping. It is amazing how almost everything you write that Vera is doing, Camdyn is doing as well (crazy potty training, fun times with the big girl bed).
Thank you again, let us know if there is anything we can do for y'all (we are trying to work out some things on the wish list!)
Rebekah
(team one!)
Post a Comment