Thursday, September 6, 2007

A bit of an update

We finally have internet again! It took 11 days after the move to get it. First we had to get a phone line, which took 5 days, and only then were we able to apply to have the technician come to our home to install the internet. If they'd have just told us the username and password, we could have installed it as soon as the phone was set up.

We've been VERY busy, but things are finally getting back to normal. I'm hoping to take Vera to the park this morning for the first time in over a month.

V's going pee pee on the potty now! We're still working on the pooh, but I know that will come with time.

One exciting thing that's happened during the last month is that everything came together for me to be able to help at the orphanage during the afternoons. Some friends of ours just moved to western China and their house helper was looking for work. She agreed to come work for us in the afternoons to help with Vera so that I can go to the O. The exciting thing... For those of you who have been reading our newsletters since our first year in China, you'll remember that I helped with therapy for two babies born with a club foot. Well, I'm now using the training I received in Tianjin to help three babies here! It's exciting to see everything come together at the perfect time so that I'm able to help these babies!

For the grandparents who have been complaining that they haven't seen any recent pics of their grandbaby, here they are!


















Vera brushing baby's teeth...

















...and then putting her down for a nap!



















Playing just outside of our new apartment. V always attracts a crowd. This time it was a bunch of ten year old girls with balloons.

1 comment:

beth said...

That's nice that you've got that park right outside you apartment. I'm looking forward to more pictures!

And I'm so glad for you that you are able to work at the orphanage and use the things you learned in Tianjin. His timing is always perfect!