Saturday, December 15, 2007
She really is growing up!
I can't believe it! TRULY! Last night when it was time for Vera to go to bed, she asked for her nuk-nuk (pacifier). I told her she was a big girl and didn't need her nuk-nuk anymore. I hadn't even really planned to do that. I just figured I'd say it and see what her response was. She cried for about two seconds and then slept through the night. She just asked for it before her nap. I told her the same thing. She didn't even seem disappointed, much less cry. For the last two years and two months I've been trying to figure out how I was going to end her relationship with her pacifier. I never EVER though it could possibly be so easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lucky! :-)
Kids know when they ready and will tell us. Sometimes we just want them to be ready when WE are! Vera is growing up and just in time....
I wish we could do the same thing for sucking thumbs. I can't take the thumb away from Mallory!!! :-) Congrats on accomplishing this obstacle!
Post a Comment