I'm posting a bunch of pictures below this post. I have to keep the grandparents happy! :) The pics are from the Xiamen Science Museum and the Children's Amusement Park. They are both wonderful places to take Vera to play. They weather right now is perfect, in the 70's most days, so we're trying to enjoy the outdoors before the heat and humidity of the summer months.
I feel like Vera has finally settled back into her normal routine. She's sleeping much better than last time I posted. While she didn't seem to lose her comprehension of Chinese from being out of school for so long during our trips to Thailand and the US, she didn't want to speak it when we first returned. After a month back, she is finally starting to speak Chinese much more. Today while I was picking her up from school, she kissed two of the boys on the cheek! I'm going to need to keep an eye on her!
"Baby Bo" is doing really well. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and was thrilled to hear that he's turned himself around during the last couple of weeks and is now head down! We had another ultrasound (unfortunately not 3D this time so no cool pictures). Everything looked normal and on target for my due date (June 24). I love my doctor here. She is so sweet and seems great at what she does. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful doc and hospital here. Unless "Bo" is late, then we have less than two months until we are a family of four. I've had lots of people as about his name. No, we don't have a name picked out yet. Before we knew if Vera was a boy or girl, we had made a list of names for both. We've tried to find some new names to add to the boy list, but we seem to pretty much like the same names we did when I was pregnant with V. Who knows, maybe we'll just wait until we see him and pick a name then. Even if we pick one sooner, just like last time, we'll keep it to ourselves until he's born.
Over the last month or so, Vera seems to have started to truly understand that there is a baby in mommy's belly. She LOVES to pat my belly, kiss it, lay on it. She talks about Baby Bo and the things he will do and have once he is here. I know she'll still have a hard time transitioning, but we're thankful that she seems to somewhat understand that our family is changing.
We are going to undergo some reorganization of our apartment sometime over the next couple of weeks. We had initially planned to put the baby in the guest room until he was big enough to share with Vera. Not only would it be a very tight squeeze to put the crib in the guest room, it would also mean moving him out about once a month (sometimes more) when guests came. We decided instead that we are going to say goodbye to the playroom and let the toys migrate to the living room. The playroom is going to be the new guest room, and the guest room is going to be "Bo's" room. I'm so thankful that we have a large enough apartment that we are able to have options. I'll be sure to post some pics once his room is set up and ready to go.
For now, enjoy the pics of V having fun! Sorry, some of the pics really need captions, but I'm feeling a little lazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment