Vera got a wonderful birthday present. After nearly a month of not seeing her best friend because of vacations and holidays, Xing Xing returned to school.
Kai spent much of the morning being held by Mrs. Liu, one of V's teachers.
Disaster nearly struck as we were waiting to start the party... One of the little boys touched Kai. Vera is VERY protective of her little brother.
Anxiously awaiting the cake!
OH, WOW! I wish I had a video of the childrens' reactions. Can you tell Vera picked this out herself? Cakes here look impressive but are not very sweet. I would take an ugly American cake over a pretty Chinese cake any day.
Vera helped Ms. Zheng cut and serve the cake.
Little boys enjoying their pink cake.
"Po Po" eventually held Kai and put him to sleep. "Po Po" is the word for maternal grandmother. This is Xing Xing's Po Po. She brings Xing Xing to our house about once a week to play with Vera.
1 comment:
Those pictures of Vera and her friend are priceless!
Post a Comment