Sunday, April 29, 2007

Vera's had a busy week!

Vera has been keeping herself busy this week. Here's what she's been doing...















She loves to color! When she saw me post this picture, she kept saying, "Color, color."















Lily came over to play one afternoon. She is the foster daughter of a foreign couple here. We are excited that she's being adopted (probably going to America in June), but sad that Vera is losing her playmate.















She loves posing for pics!















Another of Vera's favorite activities is building with Legos. She did have a little help with this! Mommy also has fun with Legos!















Remember her pillow I mentioned in a previous post....here she is enjoying a rest one afternoon. Can't rest without the pillow!















We bought her a little potty for her half birthday hoping that she will get used to sitting on it and eventually learn what it's for. The morning after we got it, she climbed onto the couch to sit on it, and pulled up a good book to read. Already enjoying books while sitting on the pot!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Great pics! It looks like Vera is becoming a big girl. Good idea about letting her sit on the pot before it's actually time to "use" it. I never heard of that before...great idea, though!

Cindy said...

I found that it was hard for Lizzy to straddle the potty because then her underwear (or training pants) would get in the way. I eventually got one that you can just sit back on (like a throne), that worked much better. (sorry to offer potty training advice, I'm sure you get more than you want...)