Saturday, January 13, 2007
Baldy!
I'll try to get a few more recent pictures up over the next couple of days, but until then here's one I took today. This is Vera with Tian Rui and Sai Ya, her two bald playmates. Vera and I have been spending a lot of time at the park over the last couple of weeks. These two little boys are also there most days. I met Tian Rui's mom shortly after we moved here, and have just gotten to know Sai Ya and his nanny recently. The kids are riding the "rocking car" in the mall near our home. Most days when we leave the park we go to the mall and let the kids run around a little before going home for dinner. It's been fun to get to know some of these women a little better, and it sure makes Vera happy to be out. Hanging out with Chinese friends has helped Vera and I both learn new Chinese words. Just last night I realized she learned how to say "mei you" which means "don't have" and "bu yao" which means "don't want".
As for English, Vera's latest word/concept is "pees" better know as "please". This evening she was having some yogurt following her dinner. I had just opened a new package to give her a container, and the rest of the package was still sitting on the table. She kept pointing and grunting for me to give her another container, but I wouldn't do it. Then, with a little grin, she said "pees" as well as doing the sign language for "please". This was the first time she said or signed "pees" without being prompted to do so. She thought being polite and cute would work, but it didn't. One container of yogurt was plenty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment